My treatment method is a partnership and multi-faceted approach towards patient-centered care. With the support from the collaborative treatment team at SokyaHealth, my desire is to provide client specific care, as each individual is unique. The stigma associated with mental health illness is one of the biggest barriers presenting to mental health providers. The brain is just as susceptible as any organ to illness, and there should be no shame in receiving treatment. It takes a courageous person to seek help and take the first steps in making a change.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Bipolar Disorder
MENTAL HEALTH + WELLNESS RESOURCES
(MY FAVORITE RECOMMENDATIONS)
Emily enjoys working with a diverse population. Her goal is to relate to each of her clients on some level, despite different beliefs, experiences, and needs. Emily's unique past experiences and adversities serves as a foundation and motivation to her devotion for working in mental health.
Emily's unique past experiences and adversities serves as a foundation and motivation to her devotion for working in mental health.
- MSN, Maryville University
- BSN, Union University
- ADN, Jackson State Community College
- TN Nurses Foundation Maureen Nalle Memorial Scholarship (2020)
- TN Nurses Foundation District I Scholarship (2019)
- ENA Judith C. Kelleher Nurse Practitioner Scholarship (2018)
- TN EMS Star of Life Award, Region 8 (2016)
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- Tennessee Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International