I am excited to meet you!
As a person-centered therapist, I am passionate about helping you become the best version of yourself. You and I will move forward doing self-discovery and growth in a warm, nurturing, and welcoming journey of healing. Honest dialogue combined with accountability and kindness is my therapy mantra.
I afford you a kind, positive, and welcoming therapeutic experience. I offer a safe environment for you to explore your feelings and thoughts with no judgement. Together we will find the right direction of self-discovery and growth.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Support in Educational Settings
MENTAL HEALTH + WELLNESS RESOURCES
(MY FAVORITE RECOMMENDATIONS)
"The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma" by Bessel van der Kolk,M.D.
"The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog: And Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist's Notebook. What Traumatized Children Can Teach Us About Love, Loss, and Healing" by Bruce D. Perry
"The Invisible String" Patrice Karstand Joanne Lew-Vriethoff
Katie is a graduate of Florida State University College of Education with a Master's of Counseling and Human Systems, as well as holding a Specialist degree from the College of Education in Counseling and Human Systems. Katie has successfully worked with public schools, community and non-profit organizations delivering mental health services to children and families for over five years. Katie utilizes a strength-based approach to build rapport and trust through her unique blend of humor coupled with her warm and welcoming attitude.
Katie has successfully worked with public schools, community and non-profit organizations delivering mental health services to children and families for over five years.
- BS, Marketing - Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- MS, Counseling and Human Systems - Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- Ed.S., Counseling and Human Systems - Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- TF-CBT Training
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- PREPARE Model School Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Kognito Online Mental Health Awareness
- American Counseling Association
- Florida State Alumni