I realize that we, as individuals, are all different and “move to the beat of our own drum.” Thus, I believe all clients should be treated as individuals and should be respected regardless of beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, etc. My theoretical approach is person-centered, meaning that YOU are the star of the sessions. I work for you!
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Stress Management
- Relationship Issues
MENTAL HEALTH + WELLNESS RESOURCES
(MY FAVORITE RECOMMENDATIONS)
Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health America
Valene, (pronounced Val-leen), is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the state of Florida. Valene utilizes an individualized approach, catering her treatment and care to each patient and their needs. She has experience working in an inpatient psychiatric unit, for a brief period working as a substance abuse counselor, and has worked as a counselor in a private practice.
Valene has experience working in an inpatient psychiatric unit, worked as a substance abuse counselor, and has worked as a counselor in a private practice.
- MS, Counselor Education - Florida International University, Miami, FL
- BA, Psychology - University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Playing Boardgames
- Anime Enthusiast
- American Counseling Association
- Chi Sigma Iota - International Counseling Honor Society
- Alpha Phi Omega - National Coeducational Service Fraternity