GREETINGS, NICE TO MEET YOU!
I use humor when appropriate. I am caring and compassionate. I also utilize self-care with all clients as everyone can benefit from learning self-care skills. I like using various treatment models as one does not work for everyone. I enjoy using Solution Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), some of the easier skills in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Self-care activities, Seeking Safety and Matrix curriculum.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Substance Use Disorders with/without Medicated Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Adoption (Birthparent support, pre/post placement, grief, and loss)
MENTAL HEALTH + WELLNESS RESOURCES
(MY FAVORITE RECOMMENDATIONS)
Amy has a passion of helping others. She understands that starting therapy can be difficult and she views seeking therapy as starting a journey. Each of our journeys takes a pair of shoes and sometimes we need to find new ones. Amy will walk with you on this new journey and help find the right pair of shoes that will hopefully make the journey a little bit easier. Amy approaches each session using various evidence based treatment models.
Amy has a passion of helping others. She understands that starting therapy can be difficult and she views seeking therapy as starting a journey.
- Master of Social Work – University of Connecticut
- Bachelor of Social Work, Minor in Psychology – Cleveland State University
- Traveling (especially cruises)
- Listening to music
- Sports (College football and Baseball)
- Trying to visit all the US Major League Baseball Stadiums
- Watching Movies and TV
- Achieve Medical Center
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- International OCD Foundation Member
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Connecticut, New Jersey, Oregon and Texas